Cornell welcomes alumni for single-day Homecoming celebration
Cornell College is thrilled to welcome alumni back for a modified, in-person Homecoming celebration on Saturday, Oct. 9.
“It’s been too long since we’ve been able to see our alumni in person on the Hilltop, and we’re excited to offer several events throughout the day on Saturday,” said Director of Alumni Engagement Zoe Russell. “This is a time for Cornellians to reconnect and to do so in a safe way as we’ve shortened the schedule and moved as many events as possible outdoors.”
After hearing concerns about the pandemic from alumni, Russell said the team decided to shift Homecoming Weekend to a single-day celebration with events taking place from 8:30 a.m. until 6 p.m.
If you’re making a trip to the Hilltop Oct. 9, here are some events you won’t want to miss:
C Club Breakfast and Hall of Fame Inductions:
- Come learn more about Cornell Athletics and see Kori Sims Shingles ’04, Carl Small ’95, Max Bjerke ’95, and David Welter ’76 inducted into the Cornell Athletics Hall of Fame
Outdoor Homecoming Picnic
- A tasty lunch of everything from Smoked Heartland Farms Brisket to a Fall Vegetable Salad, roasted potato salad, and Cornell purple frosted brownies will be served outdoors. Tickets are $9 for adults and $5 for kids. Purchasing tickets in advance is recommended.
Intercultural Life Open House
- Celebrate Homecoming with the Office of Intercultural Life! This will be a time to connect with old and new friends as well as discover ways to support diversity at Cornell. Light refreshments will be served. Sponsored by the Office of Intercultural Life.
Football Game vs. Lawrence University
- Cheer on the Rams as they battle Midwest Conference rival Lawrence University. The Hall of Fame recipients will be recognized during halftime.
Beam-signing event for the Richard and Norma Small Athletic and Wellness Center
- Everyone is welcome to sign a beam that crews will build into the Sport Center as they continue construction. Come make your name a part of Cornell’s history.
“Art of the Pandemic” Reception and Gallery Talk
- Gallery talk presented by art lecturers Sandy Dyas and Susan Coleman about the works of more than 20 Cornell alumni during the pandemic. The show will run from Oct. 1–Nov. 5 in the Peter Paul Luce Gallery.
College-sponsored 50th reunion events will be postponed in order to offer the best reunion experience. The classes of 1970 and 1971 will be invited to campus next summer to celebrate their 50th reunions.
The Homecoming schedule and attendee protocols are subject to further changes due to public health guidelines. Masks will be required indoors.