Cornell College named in top 100 national liberal arts colleges
U.S. News & World Report has once again listed Cornell College as one of the top 100 national liberal arts colleges.
Cornell is No. 89 for 2022, marking the seventh consecutive year that Cornell has been among the top 100.
“These rankings continue to demonstrate how much Cornell offers through our One Course At A Time schedule and our newly imagined Ingenuity curriculum,” said President Jonathan Brand. “On top of that we’re renovating and expanding our Sport Center, and we’ve welcomed the largest first-year class in nearly two decades. With a spectacular student body and top-notch faculty and staff, our national reputation is no surprise. We are excited about where Cornell is and where it is headed.”
Cornell also did well on a number of other lists within the rankings.
- Top Performers on Social Mobility – National Liberal Arts Colleges: #73
- This ranking is for colleges that enroll and graduate economically disadvantaged students who receive federal Pell Grants.
- Best Value Schools – National Liberal Arts Colleges: #56
- This ranking is given to colleges that provide quality programs at a lower cost and is based on the U.S. News Best Colleges rankings and need-based financial aid.
- Undergraduate Teaching – National Liberal Arts Colleges: #55
- This ranking is given to schools that have a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching.
- Most Innovative Schools – National Liberal Arts Colleges: #26
- This ranking comes as a result of top college officials identifying schools that are making innovative improvements to curriculum, faculty, students, campus life, technology, or facilities.
- Best Undergraduate Engineering – No Doctorate: #92
- This ranking is given to schools with ABET-accredited programs and is based on the judgments of deans and senior faculty at peer institutions.
Cornell is a thriving liberal arts college that continuously works to reimagine the liberal arts and become a leader in the field of higher education. The newly-adopted Ingenuity curriculum and One Course At A Time calendar give students hands-on experiences and immersive learning opportunities that support them during their college career and into the future.
U.S. News & World Report used 17 measures of academic quality to determine its overall 2022 rankings.