President Brand’s DEI reading list
These books focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion are on President Brand’s DEI reading list.
- “White Fragility” by Robin DiAngelo
- “How To Be An Anti-Racist” by Ibram X. Kendi
- “me and white supremacy” by Layla F. Saad
- “Everyday White People Confront Racial & Social Injustice: 15 Stories Edited by Dr. Eddie Moore, Jr., Marguerite W. Penick-Parks, Ali Michael, et. al.
- “The Empowered University: Shared Leaders, Culture Change, and Academic Success” by Freedom A. Hrabowski III, Philip J. Ross (Contributor), Peter H. Henderson (Contributor)
- “The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness” by Michelle Alexander
- “Stamped” by Jason and Ibram X. Kendi
- “The Color of Law: A Forgotten History of How Our Government Segregated America” by Richard Rothstein
- “Letter to My Son” by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- “Native Guard” (selections) by Natasha Tretheway
- “Explaining White Privilege to a Broke White Person” by Gina Crosley-Corcoran
- “Safe Spaces, Brave Spaces: Diversity and Freedom of Expression” by John Palfrey and Alberto Ibarguen
- “Free Speech on Campus” by Erwin Chemerinsky and Howard Gillman
- “Whistling Vivaldi” by Claude M. Steele