The Gazette publishes story on Small Sport Center project
The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette published a story, “Cornell College begins $19-million project to improve, expand Small Sport Center” on April 20, 2021.
Construction on the Small Sport Center is currently underway and fundraising for the project continues. The 18-month athletics and wellness project is scheduled to finish in the fall of 2022.
The project will include:
- A new wellness and fitness center with updated cardio and weight equipment (This replaces the current Thomas Commons facility.)
- A new athletic training room for sports medicine and performance
- New locker room facilities for all student-athletes, visiting teams, and the Cornell community
- An expanded lobby with gathering spaces for students and visitors
- New centralized office spaces and a conference room for coaches, staff, and administration
- Two group exercise rooms for workout classes, training, dance class, and dance practice
- A concession stand for game day visitors
- Two new classrooms for block courses, team meetings, and social functions
- A 20-yard multi-purpose turf area for movement-based exercises