Posse Partnership on KWWL
“Even though we already offer a lot of great opportunities for students, we want to continue to look for ways to be an even more welcoming and diverse place,” Vice President for Enrollment Management Wendy Beckemeyer said to KWWL.
Here’s how the program works:
- Cornell provides full scholarships to a diverse team of 10 students–a Posse–each year.
- Posse recruits high achieving student-leaders from high schools across the U.S.
- Posse holds three rounds of interviews and meetings to name finalists.
- Cornell’s admission team narrows the final pool of candidates to 10 students.
- Cornell faculty and staff members will be selected to mentor and work with each new class of Posse students.
Posse says its scholars are students who may be missed by the traditional college selection process and come from a variety of backgrounds.