Think you know your stuff about Iowa?
Think you’re an Iowa trivia whiz? Give these 10 questions from Iowa trivia champ Jessica Rundlett ’07 a try.
- Where is Iowa’s only National Cemetery?
- In what hilly Iowa city will you find the Fenelon Place Elevator?
- What famous Civil War General (and friend of President Abraham Lincoln) lived in Council Bluffs?
- Two First Ladies of the United States were born in Iowa. Name them.
- The oldest functioning county courthouse in Iowa was built in 1843. Where is it?
- Le Mars, Iowa, is known as the ___ _____ Capital of the World.
- During what war were there Prisoner of War Camps in Iowa?
- Where are two of the largest freestanding grain bins in the world?
- What college was first in the nation to promote a woman to a full professorship with the same salary as her male colleagues?
- NASA Astronaut Peggy Whitson was the first woman to command the International Space Station and holds the record for
most time spent in space by a U.S. astronaut. What is her hometown?
- General Grenville M. Dodge
- Lou Henry Hoover (Waterloo) and Mamie Eisenhower (Boone)
- Ice Cream
- World War I I (There were camps at Algona and Clarinda.)
- Cornell College (Harriette Cooke)