Homecoming 2019 festivities take place Oct. 25–27
Let the festivities begin for Homecoming and Reunion Weekend 2019. Cornell is inviting all alumni and their families to visit campus for the weekend of Oct. 25–27.
Director of Alumni Engagement Michael Geneser and the team in Alumni and College Advancement are adding the finishing touches on preparations for all of the events and gatherings.
“Homecoming and Reunion Weekend is an opportunity for all Cornellians to return to campus and re-engage with each other, with campus itself, and with current students,” Geneser said. “It’s a time to reminisce about their transformational time spent on the Hilltop.”
Alumni are welcome to attend dozens of scheduled activities to explore campus and reconnect with friends, current students, faculty, and staff. Here are some of the highlights:
Thursday, Oct. 24:
- Delta Phi Rho Lecture: “Climate Change and Innovative Paths to a Sustainable Future” (King Chapel) from 7–8 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 25:
- Welcome Center and Check-In (Bardsley Grand Foyer, Thomas Commons) from 8 a.m.–8 p.m.
- Classes Without Quizzes (various locations) from 9–11 a.m.
- Science Facilities Project Celebration with Dedication of Russell Science Center (outside front entrance of Russell Science Center) from 3–4 p.m.
- Building Tours, Student Presentations, and Celebration of Russell Science Center, West Science Hall, and Law Hall from 4–5:30 p.m.
- All-Alumni Homecoming Kick-Off Dinner (Smith Dining Room, Thomas Commons) 6:30–7:30 p.m.
- Tickets: $31
- Homecoming Pep Rally and Fireworks (Van Metre Field at Ash Park) 8:30–9:30 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 26:
- Welcome Center and Check-In (Bardsley Grand Foyer, Thomas Commons) 7:30 a.m.–2 p.m.
- C Club Breakfast and Hall of Fame Inductions (Smith Dining Room, Thomas Commons) 8:30–10 a.m.
- Inductees: Marie Schutte ’06 (tennis), Chet Knake ’03 (football/baseball) and Chad Reed ’94 (basketball)
- Tickets: $20
- Connections Cafe: Student & Alumni Networking Event (Orange Carpet, Thomas Commons) 10–11 a.m.
- Homecoming Convocation (King Chapel) 11 a.m.–noon
- Homecoming Tailgate (Small Multi-Sport Center) noon–2 p.m.
- Football game vs Monmouth College (Van Metre Field at Ash Park) 2:00 p.m.
- All Cornell Social featuring Dueling Pianos (Orange Carpet, Thomas Commons), 8–11 p.m.
The following alumni will be honored at Homecoming Convocation:
- Distinguished Achievement: Richard Kraig ’71
- Leadership & Service: Ming MJ Lowe ’89 , Nancy Adams ’64
- Young Alumni Achievement: Will Widmer ’04
If you can’t make it back to campus for Homecoming, feel free to join the festivities on social media using #HomeontheHilltop.