Homecoming 2018 festivities take place Oct. 5–7
Let the festivities begin for Homecoming and Reunion Weekend 2018. Cornell is inviting all alumni and their families to visit campus for the weekend of Oct. 5–7.
Senior Director of Alumni Engagement RJ Holmes-Leopold ’99 and the team in Alumni and College Advancement are adding the finishing touches on preparations for all of the events and gatherings.
“Homecoming and Reunion Weekend is a wonderful reminder of the great things about being a Cornellian–the relationships forged, the foundation for learning, and the place where it came together for so many alumni,” Holmes-Leopold said.
Alumni are welcome to attend dozens of scheduled activities to explore campus and reconnect with friends, current students, faculty, and staff. Here are some of the highlights:
Friday, Oct. 5:
- Welcome Center and Check-In (Bardsley Grand Foyer, Thomas Commons) from 8 a.m.–8 p.m.
- Sign Up for Classes Without Quizzes (Bardsley Grand Foyer, Thomas Commons) from 8:15–8:45 a.m.
- All-Alumni Homecoming Kick-Off Dinner (Smith Dining Room, Thomas Commons) 6–7:30 p.m.
- Early Bird: $28, Regular Rate: $31
- Homecoming Pep Rally and Fireworks (Van Metre Field at Ash Park) 8:30–9:30 p.m. UPDATE: Due to weather this has been moved indoors to the Small Multi-Sport Center gymnasium. There will be no fireworks display.
Saturday, Oct. 6:
- Welcome Center and Check-In (Bardsley Grand Foyer, Thomas Commons) 7:30 a.m.–2 p.m.
- C Club Breakfast and Hall of Fame Inductions (Smith Dining Room, Thomas Commons) 8–9:30 a.m.
- Inductees: Jake Remes ’80, Sherri Pettit ’88, Matt Casebolt ’98, the late Coach Mike Duroe
- Early bird: $15, Regular: $20
- Coffee with a Prof (Orange Carpet, Thomas Commons) 9:30–10:30 a.m.
- Homecoming Convocation (King Chapel) 11 a.m.–noon
- Homecoming Tailgate (Small Multi-Sport Center) noon–2 p.m.
- Football game versus Illinois College (Van Metre Field at Ash Park) 2:00 p.m.
- Celebrate Cornell: Student-Alumni Social featuring Dueling Pianos (Orange Carpet, Thomas Commons), 8–11 p.m.
The following alumni will be honored at Homecoming Convocation:
- Distinguished Achievement: Dorothy Ashbacher Lincoln-Smith ’58
- Leadership & Service: Flora Shriver Bowers ’63, John Toussaint ’78, Kenneth Patterson ’83
- Young Alumni Achievement: Eric Sudol ’03
If you can’t make it back to campus for Homecoming, feel free to join the festivities on social media using #HomeontheHilltop.