Cornell’s Mock Trial team takes sixth place in National TournamentApril 19, 2010
Cornell’s Mock Trial team took sixth place this weekend in the National Tournament.
The team, consisting of Eli Wade-Scott, Madeline Roche, Kasun Wijegunawardana, Francis Dixson, Annika Strombom, Kyle Blesener, Nedah Zamani, and Elle Pope, was up against 24 teams in its division.
Team members Annika Strombom and Madeline Roche were recognized as Intercollegiate All-American Attorneys for their individual performances as defense and prosecution attorneys respectively.
The team faced tough competition from a wide range of schools. The top 10 teams were:
1. Team 1244, New York University
2. Team 1111, Northwood University
3. Team 1116, University of Virginia
4. Team 1535, Columbia University
5. Team 1117, University of Virginia
6. Team 1051, Cornell College
7. Team 1110, Northwood University
8. Team 1167, University of California, Los Angeles
9. Team 1081, Rhodes College
10. Team 1130, University of Cincinnati
Other schools that competed include Lafayette College, Eastern Michigan University, Princeton University, Vanderbilt University, Seton Hall University, Washington and Lee University and Yale University.
For more information, please contact Cornell's Director of Media Relations